The Northern Gold Coast STEM Community is a collaborative partnership, developed by Upper Coomera State College, to provide further opportunities for students in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
As part of this exciting new collaboration, UCSC has implemented the following exciting new initiatives:
- Primary Science Club - staff and STEM Ambassadors visit our Junior school each week to run fun and engaging experiments. This is all in the hope to begin to spark their bright minds and foster a love for all things STEM
- Exciting events such as the Primary Science & Engineering Challenge which invited students from local primary schools to join our year 5 and 6s in engaging in an intensive, thrilling and fun day of Science & Engineering challenges.
- Facilitating partnerships with Griffith University to introduce exciting events such as the STEM Cup, a team based competition running over 6 weeks, culminating with a grand final at Griffith University
- Students attending external events such as the Kids STEM Conference held at the Queensland Academy of Health Sciences
- UCSC STEM Ambassadors who work together to spread the excitement and love for all things Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics throughout the college