Welcome to Upper Coomera State College
We encourage a high-performing culture that nurtures our innovative, committed and inspired students from Prep to Year 12. We have a strong focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education, with specialist classes from Year 5 to 12. We also have a dynamic Creative Arts Academy and an innovative Sports Academy. The experiences we provide ensure you are able to engage at the highest level in activities and connect with our STEM partner; Griffith University. At our multicultural college, we welcome and embrace our diverse population.
Pathways for international students
We welcome both students holding a 'Student Visa' and children of parents on 'work or study' visas. Unfortunately, we do not cater for shorter stays and students visiting Australia for holidays.
All programs require application via Education Queensland International.
An innovative, academically challenging and inspiring learning pathway for students who excel in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Creative Arts Academy
A unique opportunity for students to access state-of-the-art facilities and expert teachers with real world experience and to be encouraged to excel in Film, Drama, Visual Art, Dance and Music.
For students from Years 5 to 12 to develop skills and knowledge relevant to their chosen sporting pathway, focusing on each student's academic, athletic and personal development.
RISE (Results from Individualised Support for Excellence)
A personalised high-level academic excellence program for high achieving secondary students.
- Dance, Drama, Music, Film, Band, Choir
- Kokoda Challenge
- Sports carnivals and competitions
- STEM conventions and science shows
- Creative arts workshops and excursions
- Curriculum-related tutorials
- Industry standard film and dance studio
- Industry standard kitchens and barista facilities
- Indoor sports centre, gymnasium and outdoor courts and fields
- Equipment hire of film equipment and musical instruments for students studying related subjects
- S.T.E.A.M. Precinct — Industrial workshops, Technology, Arts and Science centre
- Industrial workshops
- TAFE — direct entry
- Griffith University (GU) — direct entry. We have strong ties with Griffith University enabling students to take a variety of direct entry courses, including science, health and business studies
- Student for a Semester program with Griffith University (GU), Bond University, Queensland, University of Technology (QUT) and The University of Queensland (UQ)
- Languages — Japanese