The Upper Coomera State College STEM Academy is an innovative,
academically challenging and inspiring learning pathway for students who excel
academically, specifically in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and
The STEM Academy, affords students the opportunity to
work with leading tertiary, government and industry providers, enabling them to
make real-world connections with their future career pathway. Participation in the STEM Academy initiatives
will enable students to acquire 21st century skills to enter an ever evolving
STEM Academy pathways include:
Secondary STEM Academy (Years 7 to 9)
The Secondary STEM Academy provides students with the
opportunity to extend their STEM capabilities through elective subjects, STEM
Innovation and Creation, and STEM Engineering. This is an academically rigorous
pathway, with STEM Academy teachers exhibiting superior subject knowledge and
outstanding pedagogy to support students in reaching their optimal potential in
their core subjects. Furthermore,
students are afforded the opportunity to work closely with university
academics, government and industry specialists.
The UCSC STEM Academy has strong links with leading tertiary
providers, opening up the doors to Direct Entry programs such as GriffBio,
GriffChem, GriffEng, and GriffPhys in years 11 and 12.
How do I apply?
- Before applying scan and save the necessary supporting documentation under the following file names:
- Latest NAPLAN results: NameNAPLAN
- Latest Report Card: NameReportCard
- Teacher Referee Statement: NameRefereeStatement
- Copy of any applicable awards: NameAward
- 'Student Agreement Contract' (Download, complete and sign): NameContract
- Start your application HERE
- Follow the form, only filling out the sections that are relevant to the Signature Program(s) you are applying for.
- Follow the application instructions carefully, making sure you have your important application documents ready.
- Email the relevant Signature Program/s the important application documents before submitting the online form.
Head of Department, STEM