Education and Career Planning (ECP) interviews will be conducted for all students in Years 7-12 from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Tuesday 10 August. The purpose of these interviews is to provide an opportunity for you to meet with a teacher and gain valuable feedback on what your student needs to do to improve their academic results to achieve their education and career goals. Students in eligible year levels will also complete their subject selections for 2022. In addition to the interviews, displays from faculties within the College, tertiary providers and employment services will also be available to provide information on pathways available to students for their current and future education and employment options.
Interviews will be 20 minutes in duration and in order to comply with COVID-19 safe procedures, interviews will be be held in locations across J Block and the PAC. Exact room locations of teachers will be sent prior to 10 August. To enable all students access to an interview timeslot there are no Secondary classes running on this day. Student attendance for 10 August is their attendance at their ECP interview with a parent/carer.
For these interviews we are again using the internet-based booking system called Parent Teacher On-Line (PTO). By using this system, you will be able to book the interview time that suits you best from any internet-connected computer. If you are having difficulty making an interview please email email@example.com . If you do not have access to the internet please phone Secondary Administration on 5580 7555 to arrange your interview time. The PTO interview booking platform will be available from Wednesday 14 July to make a booking.
Due to security and privacy requirements of the Department of Education, the College is not permitted to load parent and student names into PTO without first obtaining individual consent from parents. PTO allows this consent to be obtained as a part of the log-in process. Please follow these steps to log in to PTO and make your interview bookings:
Please access the system as follows:
- Option 1 - go to the school's home page www.uppercoomerasc.eq.edu.au. The PTO link can be found in the latest news section or by navigating through the quicklinks at the bottom of the home page.
- Option 2 – go directly to PTO via the following link: https://bookings.parentteacheronline.com.au/Logon2.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx%3fschool%3d9vh5k&school=9vh5k
- Click “Register" (not login) The code required for parent registration is UCSC2021. Then click “Send registration". By doing so you are consenting to your information being stored in PTO and being used for the purpose of interview bookings.
- Immediately after you have registered, an automatic email will be sent to your nominated email address containing your password
- After you have received your login details, click “Login" on the PTO login screen and enter your surname and PIN as shown in the email.
- At this point you will need your student's EQ ID which can be found on their timetable or on their Oneschool page. Department of Education student IDs (EQ ID) have ten numbers followed by one letter. You can enter more than one ID if you have multiple students at the school.
- You can optionally enter the name of the students for the EQ IDs entered. By doing so you are consenting to the student's name being stored and used in PTO for interview bookings. You do not have to enter the name of the student(s) but doing so will help you when making bookings and will also help teachers to know who they are seeing/discussing for each interview.
- After you have entered your student EQ ID(s) and optional name(s), proceed to make bookings as instructed on the screen.
Full instructions are provided to you after log in. Please note the following points:
- When you log on, the system displays only your child/children.
- You will only see time slots which are available at the time you are using the system. As time slots are booked for teachers, booked timeslots are no longer displayed as available. PTO prevents double-booking of teachers or parents/carers.
- You can book one timeslot per teacher of your student.
- When you have made your booking, you can print a report of your booking. You can log in and make/change your booking any time up to Friday 6th August . After this time, in emergency situations only, please contact the College.
- Other parents/carers may be making bookings at the same time that you are using the system. It is possible, though unlikely, that a timeslot is displayed to you as available, but is then booked by another parent/carer shortly afterwards. If you then attempt to book this timeslot it will not be available and a message will be displayed to indicate this.
- If you encounter any problems using PTO please notify the school office, preferably via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We look forward to seeing you at the Education and Career Planning Interviews day.